Which credit card rating is good
Credit cards in the test & comparison
the essentials in brief
- in the Credit card test 2020 from Stiftung Warentest the provider can convince right away.
- In Chip's 2020 test, the DKB-Credit card next to the Barclaycard and the Hanseatic Bank convince as test winner.
- In the test of the direct banks of the DtVG 2019, the Consorbank, DKB other ING best rated.
- At the Comparison of credit cards it is important to pay attention to the fees incurred. Also make sure that the credit card is linked to a current account with regular receipt of money.
- With our free Online comparison you can compare the conditions of different credit cards directly and apply for them online.
Credit cards in the test 2020 at Stiftung Warentest
The Stiftung Warentest set up an extensive test and comparison of 34 credit cards in mid-2020. The experts tested 27 cards without a connection to a current account and 7 with a connection to a free current account. 3 model customers with different payment ratios were used for the test (source).
The best credit cards 2020
- Visa card from the DKB
- Genial Card Visa from the Hanseatic Bank
- Classic Visa Germany credit card from Paysol
Compare the test winner and many other credit cards quickly and easily to find the best one for you!
Chip tests credit cards 2020
The specialist magazine Chip subjected various credit cards to a test in 2020. The testers checked a total of around 110 credit cards and divided them into 4 categories (source).
Test winner 2020: Top 3 per category
|Prepaid cards||Augsburger AB / netbank prepaid MasterCard gift card|
Augsburger AB / netbank virtual credit card
Augsburger AB / netbank prepaid credit card
|Standard cards without a basic fee||DKB / DKB-Cash Visa Card|
Barclays / Barclaycard Visa
Hanseatic Bank / GenialCard
|Standard cards with a basic fee||bunq / Travel Card|
Fidor Bank / SmartCard
Augsburger AB / netbank Mastercard Debit
|Premium cards||N26 / N26 You|
N26 / Metal
Barclays / Barclaycard Platinum Double
The advantages of a credit card
- Loan without interest - Credit card holders can use the credit limit of their card for up to 30 days, in some cases up to 60 days, without having to pay interest!
- Pay and withdraw cash abroad too - With some providers it is possible to pay abroad free of charge and withdraw cash without additional fees.
- online pay - Many online shops offer the option of paying for purchases using a credit card. The purchase is thus completed immediately, while e.g. B. a transfer, the online shop often waits for the receipt of payment before the goods are shipped.
- Insurance included - The chargeable credit card models sometimes include various insurances that are particularly advantageous when on vacation or traveling: travel cancellation insurance, international health insurance, rental car insurance, etc.
Credit cards put to the test: direct banks under the microscope in 2017
The German Society for Consumer Studies (DtGV) evaluated the performance of eight direct banks at the beginning of 2017. In addition to product variety, service, transparency and convenience, the DtGV also compared the services and costs of the credit cards of the respective banks . With six out of eight providers, the credit cards are free. The other two direct banks charge an annual fee of 20 and just under 30 euros. Also, only customers of Consorsbank, DKB, ING DiBa and Volkswagen Bank can withdraw money free of charge from almost all ATMs throughout Germany. the customers of the other direct banks are tied to certain ATMs (source).
Comparing credit cards: this is important
Credit card types
There are different types and types of credit cards, from free with basic services to expensive and extensive services.
Free credit card
There are no monthly or annual fees with free credit cards as there are with other types of credit cards. However, some providers charge a fee when paying with the card and / or using the card to withdraw money from an ATM. This is often not the case with fee-based cards.
Card owners should therefore consider whether the card is only used occasionally or frequently. If you only occasionally book a flight with the card or go shopping online, you are probably well served with a free credit card.
Prepaid credit card
The prepaid credit card works in principle like the prepaid SIM card for the smartphone: The owner transfers an amount from his household account to the credit card account. The cardholder can now freely dispose of this amount with the card, e.g. B. for cash withdrawals or for payments at online shops or airlines. If the deposited amount is used up, however, no further transactions are possible.
Prepaid credit cards are suitable for people who e.g. B. have problems with the Schufa or for minors who are only assigned a certain amount of money by their parents.
Gold and Platinum Credit Cards
For gold and platinum cards, there is usually a monthly or annual fee, regardless of how they are used. However, these cards also offer some extras, such as: B. a particularly large credit line or various international insurance (health insurance, rental car insurance, luggage insurance, etc.). In addition, it is sometimes possible to participate in discount systems. B. Airlines.
Mastercard, Visa or American Express?
Mastercard and Visa are among the largest credit card providers in the world. While there used to be differences in coverage (in some countries only cards from one of the two companies were available), there are now hardly any differences worth mentioning. Consumers can focus on the terms and conditions when choosing a credit card company.
The situation is different with American Express. This type of credit card provider is less accepted in shops and restaurants. Keep this in mind when comparing credit cards.
Four billing options
When applying for a credit card, you have the choice between four billing systems, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Which system is best suited in a specific case depends on the usage behavior of the cardholder and the financial framework of the user.
|Debit||When using the credit card, the amount is immediately deducted from the saved current account.|
|Batch||In contrast to the debit system, the transactions made are “collected” and debited from the current account only once a month or every two months.|
|Revolving||The revolving system is a combination of a credit line and a credit card: the cardholder can use the card within a certain credit limit and pays back the outstanding amounts in installments like a loan. The debiting of the installments takes place e.g. B. monthly.|
|Prepaid||With the prepaid system, the cardholder can only use the amount that he has previously transferred to his credit card account. So were z. If, for example, 500 euros have been transferred, these 500 euros can be spent with the credit card - but no longer.|
Credit cards in comparison: the fees
In addition to the annual fee, which is paid regardless of use, there are other fees that are due depending on the card type:
- Cash fee: If cash is withdrawn at home or abroad, this fee applies. The amount of the fee differs from offer to offer.
- Foreign currency fee: The foreign currency fee will be charged if the invoice is made in a currency other than the euro. If you use your card in the USA, for example, you usually have to pay this fee.
- Lending Interest: In the event that the account is insufficiently funded or the contribution due has not been paid in full on the key date, interest must be paid.
Credit Card Security - Security Features
Credit cards are protected by at least four security features.
1. Chip - The cardholder's data is stored on the chip. The chip is a so-called EMC chip that is particularly difficult to read by unauthorized persons.
2. Safety signs - The safety mark can only be seen in ultraviolet light and is comparatively difficult to produce. This ensures that card counterfeiters have great problems producing forgeries.
3. Hologram - The production of a hologram is not easy either. The hologram is mostly on the right front of the card, in some cases on the back as well.
4. Card verification number - Without the card verification number - also called card verification number (also known as CVC2 or CVV2) - it would be sufficient in many cases for unauthorized persons to have a simple photo of the credit card in order to carry out a transaction. Since the card security number is given on the back, this is not easily possible.
- How can I become a keen observer
- What is a tetanus booster
- Which other countries influenced Svalbard Norway
- What are the characteristics of surgeons
- Did Billy Joel ever find his father
- What's another word for being open
- What are your best cooked sweet dishes
- Gerrymandering is illegal in the US
- How are the songs by Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
- What is polymorphism in science
- Why does a heart have valves?
- How should I approach people
- What is a natural gas system
- Can defeat Magneto Galactus
- How to get girl 2
- Is it possible to kill like Dexter?
- Which vegetables start with P.
- What does matta ne mean in Japanese
- What is Family Dollar Coupon Policy
- What meat can be put on sandwiches
- Is it a disadvantage in wrestling to be big?
- What are some efficient manipulation techniques
- What is the principle of the BJT transistor
- Actually selects Case Western by major