Why does Turkey use the Latin alphabet?
"History of the language of Turkey-Turkish"
by Arnold Tiberiu Tolnai
Turkey-Turkish (Turkish dilior Türkiye Türkçesi) is spoken by around 74 million people today. Around 58 million native Turkish speakers live in Turkey.
With around two million speakers, Germany is the largest Turkish-speaking group abroad, followed by Bulgaria with one million speakers.
In addition to these countries, native speakers live all over the Balkans, in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Iran and Iraq.
Turkish has developed in three major stages. The origin of Turkish was the language of the Orghus, with ughurRunes was written.
The orghousTribes migrated from what is now Mongolia and settled in Central Asia (Persia). The Persian words in the Turkish vocabulary originate from this period. Around the 10th century AD, one of the tribal princes - his name is Seljuk - converted to Islam.
Since then, the developing Turkish language has been written in Arabic characters and many Arabic loanwords have found their way into Turkish.
From these linguistic roots emerged Ottoman, from which the modern Turkish language did not develop until the beginning of the 20th century.
Issued in 1928 Mustafa Kemal Ataturka language reform in the course of which Turkish went through great changes and became the language spoken in today's Turkey.
The great reform was initiated by the fact that Turkish was no longer written in Arabic script, but instead the Latin alphabet was used.
In order to be able to reproduce all sounds of Turkish, the Latin script had to be extended by several letters.
In addition to the changeover to a new script, the vocabulary of Turkish has also been fundamentally reformed. A commission was set up whose task it was to search for Persian and Arabic loanwords in the vocabulary of the language and to replace them with new Turkish creations.
The work of the also extended to grammatical elements Turk Dil Kurumu- the Turkish language society.
Affiliation of TurkishConsidered under the aspect of belonging to the language family, Turkish is counted among the Turkic languages. This family of languages, which is widespread in Eurasia, includes 40 languages with around 150 million native speakers (and almost 180 million second language speakers). These languages are common in the area from the Balkans to China. In terms of the number of speakers, however, Turkish is the largest language among the Turkic languages.
It is important for the learner to know that Turkish is one of the Turkic languages. German belongs to a completely different family of languages.
This fact affects the learning process. That is why it makes sense to memorize the differences between the two language systems right from the start.
When learning Turkish, you have to keep rethinking and constantly keep in mind how the structure of the Turkish language differs from the German language.
With this link you will find a Turkish grammar that tries to contrast the two languages with one another.
Again and again we show you the differences between the two languages in this grammar and try to make them understandable using clear examples.
In the next article (it will appear on this blog next Monday) you will learn more about the characteristics of the Turkic languages and we will introduce you to the basics of Turkish grammar.
We hope you enjoy learning a language, yours
Sprachlernen24 editorial staff
- How does parental alienation affect older adolescents?
- Bits pilani cse against IIT Bhu electronics
- Where is Amtrak going
- What are the benefits of Safed Musli
- Is Roblox for noobs
- What is Notestore
- Can yeast be added when making cakes
- Cashew nuts are the most efficient fruit
- What are the best creations of mankind
- Does the muscle contraction make noise
- Why is my ex ignoring my messages
- Important facts and information about the Nobel Prize
- Why do adults like to collect dolls
- Can puppies have milk
- Can you sue someone for extortion?
- What is best for alcohol addiction
- Why is Samsung the largest conglomerate in the world
- How can you lose weight through stress
- How much should you cycle per week
- How does Panchakarma help in weight loss
- Which free games are cross-platform
- An injunction is a criminal conviction
- What is the Best Computer for Aging Parents
- How was the Mubarakan movie
- How do I design an antenna
- What is the best open handgun
- What is 6000 divided by 1 3
- Will thaw the meat in the refrigerator
- Are pregnancy tests correct for home remedies?
- How can you define fairness
- What crimes did Bernie Madoff commit
- What if I forgot my Paytm password?
- What army did Rome defeat?
- What does that mean yes law