How to say strong in Korean
Learning Korean - A very special challenge that requires willpower
Korean as a plus point on your résumé
Those who want to score points with their language skills when applying for a job often rely on languages such as English, French or Italian. But you can no longer really impress a recruiter with it - because more and more applicants in Germany can now demonstrate one or the other European foreign language.
If you really want to stand out and show your ability to learn and open-mindedness, a language like Korean could be the right choice for you. We show you how to find the best Korean lessons.
Korean - a fascinating and important language
- What's the best way to learn Korean?
As with all foreign languages, the most effective learning method for Korean is to stay in the country and study with native language teachers - be it in a language school or in private lessons.
If a longer trip to Korea is not possible (for the time being), there is now a good alternative: Korean private lessons for advanced learners on an online learning platform. Thanks to video chat and the Internet, you can receive private Korean lessons from the comfort of your own home and learn Korean online with native speakers.
The advantages of learning Korean online are obvious:
- You don't have to look for a suitable teacher or a language school in your own area, you can choose from hundreds of native-speaking Korean teachers.
- You are flexible in terms of time and can learn as much as you want.
- All you need for class is a computer and a stable internet connection.
tip: There are also a variety of Korean series and films that can help you learn Korean. It is extremely helpful to first get a feel for Korean culture and the various forms of expression.
- How important is the Korean language?
English, Chinese and Spanish are considered world languages and are spoken by hundreds of millions of people - many probably do not think of Korean. However, Korean is spoken by 78 million people, making it one of the twenty most widely spoken languages in the world.
South Korea is also an important player in global trade and politics: whether Samsung, Hyundai, Kia or LG - some of the world's most important tech companies are based in South Korea. The headlines around 5G and Samsung have shown the important role of the large Korean company also plays in Europe and Germany.
The trade relations also show how important South Korea is for Germany:
- In 2019, goods worth 28.6 billion US dollars were traded between the two countries.
- 500 German companies employ around 500,000 people in Korea.
- In addition, Germany is Korea's most important European trading partner.
With these figures, it quickly becomes clear how strong the economic ties between Germany and Korea are. So if you are aiming for a career in international trade, you will be able to boast with knowledge of Korean.
- For which career is a knowledge of Korean worthwhile?
We have already seen that Korea occupies an important position particularly in the technological area - be it in automobile manufacturing, information and communication technology. It is evident that the Korean companies are not limited to the domestic market, but are strongly oriented towards Europe and Germany.
The exchange between Korean and German researchers is also playing an increasingly important role in the scientific field - be it in the fields of sustainable mobility and alternative forms of energy or basic research in chemistry and life sciences.
There are opportunities here for German specialists with a good knowledge of Korean: They can step in at the interfaces between Korean and German business and science, e. B. as:
- Technical consultants and engineers
- Economic helper
- Interpreters and translators
- or diplomats
- There are more than 40,000 Koreans living in Germany
Did you know that Koreans, as miners and nurses, made a significant contribution to the upswing in Germany? Over 40,000 Koreans now live in Germany and form an important part of our society - another reason why it is worthwhile to acquire at least a basic knowledge of Korean.
- How difficult is it to learn Korean?
Let's get to a hotly debated point: the difficulty of the Korean language and how long it takes to master Korean. First of all the positive: Korean is not considered to be the most difficult Asian language - that is Japanese.
But then we have to strike a realistic note: Korean is one of the most complex languages of all because of its unique grammar. Korean applies e.g. B. also more difficult to learn than Mandarin - popularly referred to as Chinese.
Experts estimate that it takes around 88 weeks of intensive study to become fluent in Korean. That is twice as long as it takes to learn Hungarian, Vietnamese or Thai.
But why is the Korean language so difficult to learn? This is primarily due to the large differences in grammar, pronunciation and linguistic logic between Korean and European languages such as German or English.
For example, it is much easier for people who speak Chinese or Japanese to learn Korean than for us Europeans. Especially the many connecting words and appendages make learning Korean for German speakers quite challenging at the beginning.
Conclusion: learning Korean is worthwhile, but it is not that easy
We have emphasized several times in this article that knowledge of Korean can pay off for your own career. The economic importance of Korea for Germany is great and that will not change in the foreseeable future.
With the right Korean lessons as well as sufficient motivation and tenacity, you can overcome the first hurdles and quickly learn Korean confidently and with joy.
- What do you think of this photo
- Which AC brand is the best
- You can look up birth dates online
- How bad is social etiquette in China
- Should John Oliver be considered a journalist
- How cold is the sun
- Where do you get bullets from
- Jira How to report the error cycle time
- What are the most commonly used PLCs
- What is 2 square
- What is Load Word Instruction in Mips
- How is daylight saving time set
- Where is radioactivity used?
- Is the OnePlus 6T waterproof
- When are the income taxes due for 2018?
- Is Armenia a Muslim populated country?
- What are the best tutorials on casperJS
- Is it snowing in Wyoming?
- Why Fast 16 Hours
- Community colleges look bad on your resume
- The charge mass is always constant
- Are there engineers at Mica
- Unapproved attorney can be reinstated
- Where was your favorite place