What is false religion
False return of religion
To the boom of fundamentalism
Religious fundamentalism and fanaticism with its excess of horror, absurdity and destruction have also consciously returned to Europe.
What are the causes of this "ugly phenomenon" and how can it be countered?
After a look at the historical roots and attempts to define them, René Buchholz asks what role the individual plays here as the bearer of modern religious consciousness. Then he sheds light on two forms of "infantile religion": the "smiling" fundamentalism of cultural-industrial event religiosity and, on the other hand, the "grim" one as a desire for submission.
A separate chapter is devoted to the question of whether the modern concept of faith with its “decision-making phase” does not also have an affinity for fundamentalism. In conclusion, he presents a possible alternative to behavior dictated by unenlightened religious authority: a “religion for adults”, which above all also allows for doubt.
René Buchholz, born in Cologne in 1958, pedagogical assistant at the Catholic Education Center in Bonn, associate professor for fundamental theology at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Bonn
"A recommendable book that takes the pressing questions of our time seriously and deals with them extensively." (Blog Theology and World)
14 × 22.5 cm, paperback
€ 4.00 (D) / € 4.20 (A)
You can find the eBook in our online shop as PDF and ePub:
ISBN 978-3-429-04917-1 / € 16.99 (PDF)
ISBN 978-3-429-06337-5 / € 16.99 (ePub)
1st edition 2017
Review by Thorsten Paprotny
in: Christian in the presentt December 17, 2017
- How are vitamins absorbed by the body
- WW2 bomber pilots had wills
- How will extraterrestrial disclosure affect politics?
- How do I write an ethnographic statement
- How are moral standards and philosophy connected?
- What should I learn Xamarin or Flutter
- Why do vectors come into physics
- Why are rich people calculating
- What makes Air Force One so special
- Met HG Wells Jules Verne
- Is extinction a fundamental part of evolution
- Has Dropbox ever permanently lost any data?
- What makes Pablo Escobar a good guy
- How rich is the country of Chile
- Any romantic place in Patna for couples
- Why are people big
- How do you display trigger functions graphically
- What are the airline phone numbers?
- Plato had children
- What is it like to drive in Europe?
- There can be repulsive gravity
- Why should I buy Echo Dot Studio
- Why can't I stop loving Jesus Christ?
- Why are bullies usually the popular kids?