Why is philosophy so important in scriptures
Why is scripture so important?
The Greek alphabet comes from Phoenician alphabet from. First of all, writing was important for trade, because you had to write down which goods the ships had loaded. That was only possible with the help of written records. A well-known trading people were the Phoenicians and they knew a script that they retained even through the Dark Centuries.
The special thing about this script: it was not a syllable like most other scripts, but the Phoenicians already knew individual letters to record a word. You have to imagine that the whole world could be captured with 20 characters. It took a Chinese much longer to learn the many different characters and symbols. Now theoretically everyone, not just scholars, had the chance to learn to write and read, because keeping 20 characters is much easier than several thousand. These letters also came to Greece via trade routes.
This script only knew consonants
With the Phoenician script one only knew Consonants. That wasn't cheap. So "Mxmln" was called "Maximilian", you have to come to that first. But the Greeks were clever and, above all, inventive and so they put vowels between the consonants and our alphabet was invented. Well, maybe it wasn't that easy, but at least it was quite an achievement by the Greeks.
Many people were able to educate themselves
In Greece, for example, more people found access to education than in other countries and cultures. Education was mostly reserved for the rich. People from the poorer classes also had the opportunity to learn to write and read in Greece.
Incidentally, the development and distribution of the font ran almost simultaneously Spread of coinage. And the coins also came from western Asia Minor and have something to do with trade.
- Why did Zidane withdraw
- What is meant by VIVA school activities
- How do you maintain tooth enamel
- What causes wooden floors to peel
- How relevant is life coaching in India
- How weird is American food
- Which airport is in Mexico City
- What is translation in biology
- How is angular js real time
- Is HFC dangerous for the ozone layer
- What exactly was the Chinese Civil War
- Which payment gateway does Wix use
- Why are companies interested in space mining?
- Who is Sunil Gangopadhyay
- Why do teachers love teaching so much
- How do I become a music engineer
- Offers SVNIT aerospace technology
- Which engineering industries do government agencies offer
- Is Chipotle's quesarito real
- What do I need to know before studying abroad
- Is life really bad and mischievous?
- Is Spanish more popular than French
- You should always wear gloves in the garden
- How do you deal with western guilt