What is half of 1 25
A test (for example a disease test) gives the correct answer in 99% of the cases, but the wrong answer in 1% of the cases. In Germany (80 million inhabitants) 100,000 are sick, all people are tested. Then the following results:
- Of the 100,000 sick, 99,000 are recognized as sick, 1,000 are mistakenly believed to be healthy.
- Of the 79,900,000 healthy people, 1%, i.e. 799,000 people are mistakenly believed to be sick.
Conclusion: A total of 99,000 + 799,000 people (ie 898,000 people) are declared sick - of these, however, only 99,000 (ie about 11%) are really sick.
To distinguish one speaks of Error of the first kind (the percentage of sick people mistakenly believed to be healthy) and dated Error of the second kind (the percentage of healthy people who are mistakenly considered sick): In our example we assumed that both errors are 1%, but in practice these percentages will be different - only the following applies: no test is infallible, it always occurs Errors of the first and second kind).
To assess whether a test makes sense, the (of course only estimated) ratio of the number x of patients to the number y of healthy people plays an essential role.
(In our example, 1% of y was significantly greater than 99% of x - in such a case the test makes little sense; especially if the testing itself should have possible side effects.)
- What can and cannot be recycled
- What manages our thoughts
- Why do people pirate creative content
- Why use Chimeny in a power plant
- What are the limitations of the I2C interface
- What causes jealousy in women
- How to reach NIT Nagaland
- Who settles payments between central banks
- Which manual typewriters are still in production?
- Who is the best guitarist on nowadys
- What do prose poetry and drama mean?
- Who should speak at LeWeb London
- What are mixed feelings about loyalty
- Which documents are part of the contract
- How do eucalyptus steams affect breathing?
- How do NFL players stay fit
- Are there engineers at Mica
- How does Lucene indexing work
- What if Maximilien Robespierre stayed in power?
- What are the 5 major extinction events
- What is close harmony
- Would computer science help a finance major?
- What are some of your inner values
- Why is desert soil sterile