Coffee really does reduce cellulite
Cellulite: This is where orange peel comes from, this is how you get rid of it
Cellulite is a primarily cosmetic issue. It has to do with ideals of beauty, self-perception, lifestyle. What is nice is what is firm - cellulite dents are the opposite.
The pressure is great, anti-cellulite products sell like sliced bread, fighting cellulite is a kind of national sport. We'll tell you the most important information about the alleged flaw.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is first of all a skin condition. Not a disease. You can find the dents ugly or ignore them. This is your choice.
Numerous studies have shown that in more than 80 percent of the women examined - regardless of age - cellulite occurs in a more or less pronounced form.
Every woman is predisposed to cellulite. Men can also get cellulite if they cause a loss of androgens through long-term stress in combination with obesity and muscle breakdown.
Then their connective tissue also becomes weak and dents. Different from women, because men have a lattice connective tissue, but women have a vertically structured one.
The development of cellulite
- Stage 1:
On the surface, the skin is firm and smooth. But if you squeeze the skin on your thighs, buttocks or stomach with your hands, honeycomb-shaped dents appear - you are predisposed to orange peel.
- Stage 2:
The cellulite is visible without pushing the skin together and pinching the affected area is painful.
- Stage 3:
The cellulite is clearly visible. The skin is slack, has an irregular structure and is gray due to poor blood circulation.
What causes cellulite?
An interaction of hormones, body fat percentage, stress, fatty, sugary diet and lack of exercise, alcohol and smoking also cause cellulite.
The more fat the cells store, the more the fat cells push themselves out through the lattice-like connective tissue. There are bumps and valleys, i.e. dents.
Coffee, nicotine and alcohol put a strain on the connective tissue and, so to speak, wear it out by hindering the metabolism. Energy flows more poorly through fat than through muscles - this creates sluggishness. The stabilizing fibroblasts, mother cells of the connective tissue that produce firming collagen and elastin, are also weakened by a poor lifestyle.
So the fat cells fed by poor nutrition can bulge outwards.
An old wives' tale has to be revealed here: jogging does not cause cellulite. Unless you have no muscles and run like crazy without any prior strength training.
Then dents can form at the beginning, but they will disappear again with regular training.
This is how you fight cellulite
Anything that promotes blood circulation and the breakdown of body fat will help fight cellulite. Inside and out. Because cellulite is, in the broadest sense, the result of metabolic sluggishness.
- You can contribute more vegetables, especially green, lots of non-carbonated water, lots of sleep, massages and relaxation.
- And use products that refine the complexion and also promote the removal of energy robbers from the connective tissue. Above all, exercise helps fight cellulite.
- Coffee grounds left over from the last time you brewed coffee are a good way to promote blood circulation. Simply stir in about a tablespoon of olive oil and apply to the skin like a peeling after showering. Massage in gently and rinse off.
- Dry brushing is a great way to combat poor blood circulation, a cause of cellulite. But be careful: dry brushing can aggravate spider veins. So don't scrub like crazy, but massage gently.
- Kneading, pinching, plucking, pressing - professional massages are perfect measures that, in addition to exercise and a balanced diet, can ensure firm connective tissue.
The market offers a lot of high-tech products with exotic ingredients that promise a lot.
Caffeine, power plants from the Amazon (Peruvian liana), licorice extracts, ginseng, green tea for blood circulation, salicylic and glycolic acid for the peeling effect.
Even if many anti-cellulite products feel very effective on the skin, cellulite cannot simply be creamed away.
To do this, the cream would have to penetrate deep under the skin to the fat cells. But they can still help a little.
The active ingredients tighten and firm the outer skin layer, which can thus offer more resistance to the fatty tissue.
It is important that the anti-cellulite creams are regularly applied and massaged in so that they improve blood circulation, stimulate lymph flow and really fight cellulite.
In the gallery: an overview of anti-cellulite products
How does exercise help against cellulite?
Fighting cellulite has been shown to work through exercise. The best prerequisites for firm skin are therefore tight muscles. “Where there are muscles, fat tissue cannot settle so easily. Muscles increase the basal metabolic rate. They burn more calories than fat tissue, ”explains dermatologist Dr. Michaela Axt-Gadermann.
Due to the better metabolism, the tissue is not only tightened, but also detoxified. Those who don't exercise should therefore do endurance training twice a week and strength training once a week.
Swimming, biking, yoga, and equipment training are perfect.
4 workout quickies
Just a few minutes of exercise a day will tighten the tissue. These exercises can be easily incorporated into everyday life:
Lean your back against the wall, slide down to the 90-degree angle. Hold the position for 30 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds, 7 repetitions.
Stand up straight, feet hip-width apart. Get on your knees as low as if you were about to sit in a chair. Tilt your upper body slightly forward, stretch your buttocks backwards, keeping your knees above your toes. 10 squats, 15 seconds rest, 2 reps.
Stand upright. Take a large step forward with one leg. The trunk remains upright. Back to the stand and switch sides. 15 to 20 lungs per side, pause, 3 rounds.
Quite easy by the way
When brushing your teeth, slowly stand on tiptoe and lower your heels again.
Proper nutrition for cellulite
The more fat the cells store, the greater the pressure they exert on the surrounding tissue. Anyone who eats a lot of sugar, fat and salt and drinks a lot of coffee and alcohol never gets their fat off.
Nutrition tip from a professional: take in sufficient vitamins and minerals. Vitamin E, which is found in nuts and whole grain products, is particularly useful.
Citrus fruits and vegetables, which are high in vitamin C, are also good for connective tissue. Amino acids in the form of meat and protein support the body in building new connective tissue.
By the way, nothing is worse in combating cellulite than an up and down weight. Crash diets weaken the elastic fibers of the tissue by releasing free radicals. If the fat cells are filled again, the connective tissue is overwhelmed.
- Have you reduced the usage of Instagram these days
- Introverts live a contented life
- Why can't I stop loving Jesus Christ?
- How do I solve negative exponents
- If 4x 3 39 what is x
- The new ALS Radicava treatment works
- Are green chilies good for diabetes
- Why do muscles itch after exercise
- What is voltage deviation
- When is a waste of time
- How and why are memories suppressed
- What is chlorination
- What was Sino India War
- What can I wear with dark jeans
- How can you survive
- How deadly is the Grand Canyon
- Which company bike suits me best
- Why is Christmas so popular in China
- What are your favorite African safari tours
- Can artificial grass be recycled
- Would you say that your church is religious
- How do INFJs behave in reality
- Mutual funds are hedge funds
- What are the best free Google apps