Why can't liberals and conservatives argue?
Why the US is arguing about abortion again
The recently predominantly conservative Supreme Court is devoting itself to pregnancies for the first time. Joe Biden is considering changes.
Vienna / Washington. It was one of the last cases where the liberal icon of the US Supreme Court cast her vote. Along with the majority of her Supreme Court colleagues, Ruth Bader Ginsburg declared a law unconstitutional that would have put abortion in Louisiana in the hands of only one doctor.
That was a good year ago. "Roe vs. Wade," as the original Supreme Court case that established abortion law in 1973 was called, held. Once again. One vote had made the difference - the Conservative chairman, John Roberts, had voted with the more liberal judges.
In 2021 the right to terminate the pregnancy will be again before the highest judges. This time it is about a regulation from Mississippi, and instead of a narrow conservative majority, it is now clear. Bader Ginsburg died in September 2020. And the then US President, Republican Donald Trump, quickly installed the third member on the bench of the highest judges, the conservative Amy Coney Barrett, shortly before he was voted out of the office in November.
- How long does a mattress last
- What is symmetry in nature
- What is crunchy fashion about?
- Why do some mushrooms look like flowers?
- What do cats think of people who sing?
- Who has access to the best software
- Should the army be capitalized
- Who is the scariest person
- How do I explain muscular dystrophy
- Which verbs take the dative in German
- Do you like hockey
- How wide is the DNA molecule
- How to achieve off-page SEO
- Pleated skirts can be shortened
- Why are batons illegal?
- Anglo-Saxons rule the world
- What is an academic armchair
- Why do wolves form packs
- Have to pay for Duolingo
- Who is the best Messi or Robben
- What are the benefits of substance abuse
- Hotels should contain Bibles
- Is related to a trumpet and saxophone
- Which psychotherapy books does a psychotherapist read?