Russian blue cats like water
Many believe the Russian Blue is a natural breed, originally bred in the port city of Arkhangelsk in northern Russia, where a cat with a thick, fluffy coat would do well with the long winters. In the mid-1860s, it is often believed, sailors came to the area and took the Russian blues with them to England and northern Europe. According to the Cat Fanciers Association (CFA), the Russian Blue had its first public appearance in 1875 in a royal way: It was exhibited in London's Crystal Palace as the “Archangel Cat”.
The breed was mainly bred in England and Scandinavia after World War II. Although blue is considered a typical color for the breed, black and white Russian blues are also known. The colors originated during World War II when the few remaining Russian Blue cats were crossed with the British Shorthair and Siamese to preserve the breed. The breed has grown in popularity since the 1960s and is now a favorite at both cat shows and as a pet.
The Russian Blue is curious and meek. She is known for her kindness and intelligence, and is a little reserved. The Russian Blue is very loyal and devoted to her family. She will likely greet you at the door when you get home and follow you everywhere to find a quiet spot next to you or to fetch a toy. Some cats can fetch and open doors. But they are also good hunters, catching mice, birds or rabbits.
Even though the Russian Blue Cats are very social, they like to have time to themselves and are looking for a quiet, private place to sleep. Russian blues tend to stay away from strangers and visitors and tend to look for hiding places in large crowds. So this cat is happiest in a calm and well-structured environment. She does not like changes and it is especially important that she be fed regularly at certain times. But once you have established a relationship with the Russian Blue, you will develop a strong bond with this loving and elegant cat.
Appearance, size and weight
The Russian Blue is an elegant medium-sized cat. Not all Russian blues are built alike, but males typically weigh 4.5–5.5 kg and cats 3–4.5 kg. But remember: As with most living things on our planet, diet and exercise have a lot to do with a cat's weight.
The breed is narrow, long in build, has slender, muscular legs, and tiptoes to walk. The head is wedge-shaped with pronounced whisker pads and large ears. The Russian Blue has light green eyes and pink-lavender or mauve paws.
The Russian blue is particularly noticeable because of its coat color. It has a uniform light blue color with silver tips of hair that make the coat shine. Although they are called "Russian Blue," there are also black and white cats in the breed. The colors originated during World War II when the few surviving Russian blue cats were crossed with the British shorthair cat and the Siamese cat.
The short coat of this noble breed feels fine and soft with its dense undercoat. The texture of the fur is very different from that of other breeds: if you run your fingers through their fur, the resulting pattern will remain until it is smoothed out again.
Like most short-haired breeds, the Russian Blue doesn't need a lot of grooming to keep its coat in good condition. But the cats love attention, and brushing is a good addition to other personal hygiene rituals like brushing their teeth. A special friend of human closeness, this breed will sit content and still while being combed or brushed as it will mean more time with you.
The Russian Blue can occupy itself for hours and it doesn't particularly bother it if it is left alone during the day, but it is very happy when you come back home. These cats are very attached to their owners. Even so, Russian Blues seem to notice when someone doesn't like cats and then try to win them over.
The Russian Blue is generally a very healthy breed, but like all cats, it can have some health problems, which can also be genetic in nature. One of these is diabetes mellitus, a condition in which the body cannot produce the hormone insulin properly or does not respond properly to it. This leads to increased glucose levels in the blood, which is the main source of energy for the body. Weight loss, increased water gain, and increased urination are major signs of diabetes in cats.
These cats tend to have huge appetites, and obesity can become a problem that can lead to poor quality of life and disease.
It is important to realize that the breed loves food. The cats eat more than they need and often demand even more. This makes her a candidate for diseases that are related to obesity - if she is allowed to eat as much as she wants. The best countermeasure is to divide the feed precisely and only feed it at certain times of the day.
Five facts about the Russian blue
- Because of its elegant and muscular body, the Russian Blue is sometimes referred to as the "Doberman among cats".
- The breed appears larger than it actually is because of its fluffy double fur. Their fur is the most noticeable feature.
- The Russian Blue is a docile cat. She is known for her kindness and intelligence, and is loyal to her family.
- The Russian Blue likes to jump on the door frame or on shelves to find the perfect vantage point and keep an eye on everything that happens in the house.
- Blue is considered the typical color of the breed, but black and white Russian blues are also known.
- Unapproved attorney can be reinstated
- Are atomic bombs ever gone
- What is the most personable MBTI for you
- How many people in Australia use Twitter
- How to make your day effective
- How do you learn so many languages
- What are three types of database relationships
- Can dogs eat corn?
- Are all tweets geo-localized
- Gluten can affect blood pressure
- Why can't Blackpink members sing live?
- Why are moral duties and obligations important
- What is the purpose of biomedical science
- What is the dark side of Cognizant
- Where is Tawang
- What is the male equivalent of bike shorts
- What is B2B data
- What's the best Rammstein song
- How do I start learning economics
- Where did the hatred of feminism come from?
- What type of promotional video works best
- How to learn English 10
- What is the description of mobility
- How is the top floor destroyed?