What resources are available for homeless seniors
Although the latter have often been in Düsseldorf for years, they are not entitled to benefits under social law. Experience from winter aid over the last few years shows that all groups of people can be looked after with one help service.
"All structures of creation are children of the one father and therefore brothers."
(Francis of Assisi)
The emergency shelter at Graf-Adolf-Straße 73 is an integrated, very low-threshold offer aimed at women, men and couples. At the location close to the center, the winter aid as well as the emergency sleeping place for people without social benefits from the EU states are brought together. With these two types of assistance, the focus is on humanitarian aid: protection from the cold at night and a safe place to sleep with hygienic options for the homeless - especially for people who cannot or do not want to accept the existing Düsseldorf aid system. But advice to clarify further perspectives is also provided here. The offers of help are voluntary and require the willingness to accept the help by those affected, so that all groups of people in the integrated facility can be reached, advised and also looked after in terms of social work.
A total of 80 places are available for overnight guests on three floors. In addition to the sleeping places for men, there is a separate area for women and the possibility of accommodating couples together. There are sufficient showers and toilets. The house has an elevator, so that people with reduced mobility can also use the accommodation offer. It is also possible to bring dogs. Alcohol consumption and smoking are not permitted inside the building.
The integrated emergency sleeping area on Graf-Adolf-Straße is open all year round, daily from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 a.m.
This free offer ensures humanitarian aid for those affected. Men, women and couples - also with dogs - can find it here
- a safe, warm place to sleep with the option of showering
- social care and advice
- free cold and hot drinks
- Handover of bed linen, towels and toiletries
- Issue of required dressing materials
- a closet
The use of social workers and care assistants also enables further advice and support. This can provide further help. For some EU citizens, the way back to their homeland may also be paved. The accommodation and help offer is rounded off by a warm meal, which we serve every evening and which is financed from donations.
With your donation you help us to maintain the offer for these people. Without this support we would not be able to achieve a lot. Our heartfelt thanks go to all sponsors for this.
- Why do people like to visit Cyprus
- How would artificial intelligence take over
- There are different ministries of magic
- Has Elon Musk ever destroyed other companies
- Why do dual-use sports stadiums fail
- Are the Arctic and Antarctic glaciers
- Does anyone else play contemporary jazz?
- How are live horses transported in airplanes
- Should I use WordPress or Shopify?
- Heat blisters can become infected
- Why does my cat like my hand
- Should I isolate myself from my family
- Why wasn't Poland attacked by terrorism?
- Why are most Quorans not Muslim
- What are the health benefits of luteolin
- Is it worth investing in reddcoin
- Are your parents good with technology?
- How can psychological manipulation backfire
- FWB occurs in India
- Can laptops PUBG Which models play
- Why are manhole covers round
- How do I start designing clothes
- Wall lizards come on beds
- How much do logo makers make