High dopamine causes impulsive behavior
Drug treatment for Parkinson's disease
Basically: The risk of side effects depends on
- what medication is being taken,
- how high the dose is,
- the age and possible other diseases,
- what other medications are being taken.
Dopamine agonists are generally less well tolerated than levodopa. They are more likely to cause side effects such as water retention, drowsiness, constipation, dizziness, hallucinations, and nausea. People who take dopamine agonists are more likely to stop treatment or take medication irregularly.
Possible side effects of levodopa include nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, increased drive, and confusion. Movement disorders can also occur at high doses. Levodopa is usually well tolerated in low doses.
The elderly, in particular, can hallucinate and become confused to both drugs. There may also be impulsive, compulsive behavior such as shopping or gambling addiction, an urge to eat or even to have sex - or repetitive, aimless activities such as arranging objects.
Since Parkinson's symptoms increase in later stages of the disease, the dose of medication is usually increased. This also leads to more side effects. Often people then take other medication to counteract the side effects or other complaints. This in turn increases the risk of interactions. Sometimes the burden of the side effects outweighs the benefits of the medication. Then it can make sense to lower the dose again or to omit certain medications instead of always taking new ones.
- What is Kal Sarp Dosha
- What prevents testicular cancer
- What are the parts of a carburetor
- Why did science leave me
- How are scavengers useful to the environment?
- Why do we have to eat cottage cheese
- What is best for alcohol addiction
- How airplanes damage the environment
- What is James Morrison famous for?
- What is the future of native apps
- What has Laura Secord done for Canada
- What is hard care or an MHA
- What happened in 1836
- Is it really necessary to eat vegetables?
- How effective are no cultivation methods
- How do I build a professional network
- Can electric cars work in a vacuum?
- How do I identify monsoon rains
- Who is Adam DAngelo 1
- How can I date Jennifer Lawrence
- Which is the closest airport to Udupi
- Drinking milk increases belly fat
- Where is static electricity going?
- Mangalore has an international airport