Would computer science help a finance major?
A fun and energetic night for GenYWCA happy hour
What a fantastic GenYWCA event on Wednesday night! The Steering Committee wasn't sure what to expect for our second event, especially on a snowy winter night. However, we were blown away by the young fans of the YWCA because we had around 40 young women and men. The group loved it and had some great conversations. We have posted a few photos on our Facebook page.
The Boggle Blender game we developed was a huge hit and showed what makes a diverse and interesting group of members of GenYWCA. We learned that some have traveled to Estonia, Uganda, and the Galapagos Islands, and that we have majors in Native American studies, social computing, and pharmacology. We have had members who practice Norwegian dance, members who enjoy skydiving and others who love curling and ping pong as Olympic sports. We also learned that GenYWCA members have had some of the craziest jobs in their past - including a ketchup inspector, a gold panning instructor, the bird mascot for Red Robin, a radio Disney host, and even a 411- Operator!
Overall, the room was very busy, people socialized, and there was a lot of “good” happening: US $ 165 was donated to the YWCA's early childhood education in addition to the 20 children's games and art supplies. Naomi Banks, member of the GenYWCA committee, said this very well: "The GenYWCA Happy Hour event was not only a fun experience to meet up with friends and meet new ones, but also a great opportunity to experience the amazing leadership that the YWCA occupies in our community Supporting equal opportunities for all children to start a quality education at an early age. "
Special thanks to Anita Patel (the amazing Vice President of Racial Justice and Public Order of the YWCA) who at the event reminded us of the importance of investing in early childhood education. I was surprised to learn that the ROI for every $ 17 invested in early childhood education is $ 17. Doesn't take a finance major to find out this is a great investment.
Our next event is Friday March 2nd at the Uptown YWCA where Dodge Ball is for everyone! Play a fun game and mingle with all the ping pong lovers, ketchup bottlers and Norwegian dancers who are members of GenYWCA. All are welcome. Follow the YWCA on Facebook to stay up to date for more information. We look forward to seeing you at future events!
If you'd like to be on our GenYWCA email list, or for more to participate, email Sarah Raser.
- What are the examples of common demand
- What does the word sleuth mean
- What is the future of Calsoft stock
- What was Sino India War
- How old is the oldest vampire
- Macrocephaly causes developmental delay in children
- What does this living dream mean
- Dermatography causes other skin problems
- What can I do to be peaceful?
- Why is Guru Randhawa overrated
- What is the linear B syllable
- What causes stage fright to pee
- Where does the Brahmaputra River come from
- What is your cat's daily routine
- What is asset stripping
- What are the quorans most YouTube subscribers have
- Which Persian dynasty was the best
- Where was Adi Shankaracharya born
- How do I lose attraction to women
- Are cosmetics cheap in India
- Can mycorrhizal networks develop in agricultural environments
- Why are men women capable of infidelity
- According to Islam, marriage is predestined
- Is there a Magento extension for GST